Thursday 6 April 2017

Photos: Accident At Oshodi Expressway, Luckily No Life Was Lost

Facebook user, Victor Udoh narrates an accident he witnessed along Oshodi expressway in which he was a major player in the rescue of the victims. Read his words after the cut...
I witnessed a very serious accident this afternoon and I am left with no thought but that GOD is good...

Sitting in a public transport from 5 Star along Oshodi Express Way. At exactly Mafoluku Busstop just before Gbagada, I lifted up my eyes and saw a car run into another. Can't still make the models of the cars till this moment because everything happened so fast and I am still shaken.


One of the vehicles began to spin like in the movies, and the other skidded off the express, onto the service lane and off the road, missed a young woman standing with someone waiting to board a bus by the whiskers. We stopped like other vehicles as one of the first to get there and I charged the other passengers that we should go to their rescue. 

On reaching the vehicle, it had crashed into the pillars of a passage in a foot path and was standing on its bonnet tip as seen in this picture and a man who turned out to be the one that stood with the lady was pinned under; shouting.

We were almost helpless! I pulled out my phone and dialled emergency number 767. It didn't go through. My hands were now shaking as the fella under was still shouting to be helped. I asked some else and was told to dial 711. That didnt go through too. I tried 767 again and it went through. I got through answering both useful and "silly" questions.

Now God is God...just as the rescue was on, side glass broken and passengers in the vehicle, a young woman and man, the driver pulled out, with blood on their faces from cuts, smoke began to rise and smell of petrol stronger. I was afraid there might be a fire and with the man underneath still screaming, it began to rain! I praised God!


At the same time, with emergency services not yet showing up, a crane truck passing to a job somewhere was flagged down and used to lift the vehicle up and off the man.

To the glory of God, none of them died in this very serious accident. I was pleased. Now drenched by the rain, we left while they were taken to the hospital. Imagine the Emergency Services then called me back after all of these. I told the lady bluntly that God had helped us to rescue the victims and I cut the call.
#GodIsGod

No comments:

Drop Your Comments