Sunday 9 April 2017

"I Don't Want You To Think Like Me, Just Think" - Wale Oyedeji

I shall be quick to advise that this piece be read with an open mind, as it seeks to challenge issues that before now were undiscussed under the moon.
WHY WE NEED YOU CONSCIOUS

Two things are deductible from the trade of cultural genocide done by our slave invaders through their consummate pathological distortion of historical happenings of our past heroes. One, that the crusade of spiritual monopoly they brought is a mere facade of fallacy. For about four hundred years now, their imported faiths and traditions with all sort of self-accrued potency on spirituality, has not been able to defeat what they tagged powerless till date --- the only reason their agents of deception still cast out demons in 21st century. If that is not a proof of empty rhetorics, I don't know what is.

Two, that the power to unlock our ingenuity lies first in looking within for solution making. For these donkey years we have been showing our loyalty to foreign spiritual merchandise, Africa has been synonymous with retrogression, misfortune, poverty, hunger and all imaginable woes in the global community. Following Jesus on Instagram or joining Mohammed on Twitter has supplanted our ingenious capabilities our forefathers were known for in preliterate period. At least, history has it that civilization started in Africa and this success by every means is not connected to the imported faiths. So let's face reality, what has Mohammed/Jesus done for Africa?

You see, stupidity is like a BBNaija program, not everyone will subscribe to it with their hard earned money. I didn't go to school all to allow a man from the Middle East to do my thinking for me. If someone tells me my name is not heavenly, that my color is irritating, that the cloth I wear is barbaric, that my lifestyle is archaic, that everything he has is the best, and tells me I have to forgo everything to enjoy what his father has for me in a place he names heaven, where obviously he has even himself not been to, what other name do you think I'll call him other than stupid? But no, to many of the African folks, I deserve public criticism because I don't share their sentiment.

We need you to start doing your thinking yourself, regardless of any cult manuals they hand to you and call them holy books. Give your kids African names. White wedding is a traditional wedding to the English people too, there are modern 'tush' African weddings you can do. Appreciate your color, it is called malanie, only us have it in the whole wide world. The moment you need to speak to your God in another man's language, my brother, you are scammed already. Speaking in tongues or praying in Arabic has the inherent meaning that our own language sounds crazy to the receiver of it.

I don't want you to think like me, just think.

Wale Oyedeji

No comments:

Drop Your Comments